ARTIST ROOMS: Richard Long - Youth Collective Evaluation ii

To see part 1 of my Youth Collective evaluation please click the link here.

This post is a personal evaluation of a few of the highlights of what I have done as a result of being part of the Youth Collective promoting Artist Room: Richard Long @ The Burton Art Gallery from the opening of the exhibition (4th October) to the end (10th January).

DESIGN WORK



I designed and made 15 t-shirts, one for each artist and one for each Youth Collective member.
Logo I designed with Richard Long inspired red type and slate circle reference.






The banner I designed. This was my first time doing design work at a large scale (9 by 3 feet).


Poster design.





Environmental Art Morning Resource Sheets

ART IN THE PARK Programme


29th OCT // ART IN THE PARK


13 feet of "environmental" bunting using binding, kaliko and mud!

Testimonials relating to the Youth Collective and ART IN THE PARK:

"It was great to be part of a young people led event; to see them share their passion for art with others. Jum demonstrated that she is able to communicate well and has the skills needed to bring events together." 
Jo Bushell (artist)

"The young people who organised the event did so with great enthusiasm, confidence and creativity. It was a pleasure to meet Jum whose organisational work both before and during the event, along with your guidance, made me feel the ship was in safe hands. Top marks to all the crew for a sterling job!"
Greg Humpries (artist)

I really enjoyed being part of the organisational team for this event, it was wonderful to work with the artists and other Youth Collective members to create an itinerary of workshops. Everyone was very enthusiastic and benefited from the experience. I think with a few changes it could become an annual arts festival that takes place in Bideford or Barnstaple (maybe with the workshop theme of a local exhibition at the time). 

  

HOME EDUCATOR'S ENVIRONMENTAL ART MORNING



Photo of me giving a talk to a group of Home Educating families.


Workshop I ran using natural pigments, the role of black paper I brought along was a big hit!

Perhaps even more enjoyable than working on ART IN THE PARK was devising and running my own Environmental Art Morning at the Burton Art Gallery. I got a lot of positive feedback from the parents who brought their home educated children along to the event and have since been asked to run more art workshops.


2nd DEC // BIG  LOTTERY FUND WORKSHOP

When I found out about this day course I thought it would be useful addition to my knowledge about getting funding for projects or events. It was an all day workshop which focussed on what makes a successful project and what funders are looking for when assessing applications. The workshop was useful on a number of levels, I am hoping to use the techniques I learnt for future event management and organisation. I am interested in running more events like ART IN THE PARK and the Home Educator's Environmental Art Morning as I find it very enjoyable to share information and techniques. I think knowledge of people and organisation skills are the key to running successful events, thus any workshop or course that will help me with these skills is of benefit to me and my additions to the project.

13th DEC // TRIP TO eARTh & VERITY


eARTh is a gallery and studio space run by local artists Pete Ward and Francesca Owen.

QUIZ SHEET


Unknown