Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber, Ball Clay and "Poor Man's Grey" | Fremington Quay, UK

Pigment collecting at sunset!

The Burnt Umber, I only found a few pieces of this pigment


Poor Man's Grey next to a ball of Bideford Black (straight from the cliff)


The clay (larger jar), dries a lot whiter than how it looks when wet. The yellow ochre looks a lot more yellow too.

My little sister's pigment box; I wish mine was as neat and clean looking as hers!


I went out collecting more pigments on Friday! I got Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber, Poor Man's Grey and Ball Clay. I'm testing mixing the pigments with a different man-made medium at the moment; it is called "Mod Podge" it is like PVA but is stronger and acts as a sealant. Mod Podge does add a shine to the dried paint (which may or may not be desirable). I am hoping to buy some oils, a large pestle and mortar and a muller and glass worktop soon. I've also decided on something I want to paint (yes, I had an artistic chain of thought which has left me unable to want to paint anything else); anyone want to buy me some 8ft canvases?



Unknown